With so many stores to buy knives online, deciding where to buy a knife could seem easy at first, but in reality, the abundance of choice means quite the opposite. Here are some guidelines to choose the best knife store to buy knives online, or at least where to start looking!
- The Best Knife Stores Online
- How To Choose The Best Knife Store To Buy Knives
- What Makes Dalstrong A Standout
- Must-Have Dalstrong Knives
- Frequently Asked Questions About Knife Stores
1. The Best Knife Stores Online
When talking about the best knife stores, we usually talk about the best brands. These are some of the best knife stores out there today:
For culinary use: Dalstrong
Recognized as one of the best kitchen knife brands and knife stores on the market, our knives feature innovative designs and premium materials. Our diversity in knife types and styles is also impressive.
Dalstrong is a Canadian-based company that was founded in 2012. We have a strong focus on customer service and satisfaction, which is why our knife store is viewed as one of the best available to knife enthusiasts around the world.
For outdoor use: Swiss Army
Swiss Army, by Victorinox, is a well-respected brand whose famous folding knife and other tools (including blades, screwdrivers, scissors, can openers, etc.) are sought-after by outdoor enthusiasts but also everyday users.
The company dates back to 1884 when the Swiss Army (hence the name) hired a company to make knives for their soldiers. Today, it is more of an empire. They offer watches, suitcases, and travel accessories.
The website is easy to navigate, safe to purchase, and offers a wide selection of pocket knives and other products.
Other knife stores for survival knives are Medford Knife, Knives Of Alaska, Chris Reeves Knives, Spyderco knives, and Kershaw Knives.
For tactical use: Karambit
Karambit knives are mainly used for self-defense. They have a unique shape with a curved blade that makes them suitable for close combat situations like martial arts or military uses. These knives originated in Southeast Asia.
The online store karambit.com is the world’s largest supplier and e-commerce site for karambit tactical knives and weapons.
Other knife stores for tactical knives, boot knives, and self-defense are Spartan blades and Sog knives.
For geeks: Microtech
Are you bored of fixed-blade knives? Geeks and collectors are going to love the Microtech Ultratech. This automatic knife produced by Microtech can be opened and closed with a discreet button on the handle.
Microtech is an American knife company founded in 1994. Their online store is easy to browse and includes mostly automatic knives with several payment and shipping options.
2. How To Choose The Best Knife Store To Buy Knives
To choose the best knife store, specific parameters should always be met. To name just a few:
A reliable and well-known name with a good reputation, trajectory, and experience will guarantee the store is safe to buy from.
Variety of products
It's essential to find a store with a wide selection of knives. Some stores will even offer knives from different manufacturers, so you can compare styles, prices, and types.
Warranty against defects and return policy
This is especially relevant if you buy from an online store since you cannot see or “feel” the knives before purchasing them.
What are the users saying about the product? What are they saying about the purchase and delivery?
What payment methods are available? Are they convenient? And obviously, the payment platform must be secure to protect your financial information.
Prices and discounts
I’m not just talking about their tags being in your price range. Some stores have attractive offers and discounts like "deals of the day" coupons, or giveaways on social media.
When buying knives online, it's essential to ensure that your personal data and payment information are protected and that every transaction you make is secured.
This will allow you to make an informed decision about which knife is best for your specific needs.
Perks and extras
There’s a broad spectrum of perks that can make you choose a knife store over another, like free shipping, a user-friendly design, or even having “related products” displayed. Navigate the site and listen to your instinct!
3. What Makes Dalstrong A Standout
The Quality Of The Knives
The first thing that makes the difference is the product. Dalstrong knives are made from premium materials with great attention to detail. When you buy a knife from Dalstrong, you know you are investing in a durable, resistant, and reliable tool. You know it will be sharp, versatile, and comfortable to use.
Wide variety of products
Both home cooks and professional chefs can benefit from Dalstrong’s wide range of knives in different styles and sizes, and specialties.
The Customer Service
Beyond its exceptional products, the Dalstrong knife store is also about the experience. You get excellent customer service during buying, shipping and delivery, and even while using it. Customers can conveniently reach Dalstrong via email, SMS, social media, or live chat. Knives come with a hassle-free warranty and return policy to ensure customer satisfaction.
Excellent (and public) customer reviews
Over 1 million products sold with 100,000 five-star reviews from genuine buyers. However, what I like most about Dalstrong is that all their thoughts are public below each product description, not only the five-star ones. This kind of transparency will help you decide whether a knife or a series is the best choice.
Free, fast shipping
If you live in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, you can benefit from Dalstrong’s free shipping. You can expect your orders within 2-7 business days and this applies to all Dalstrong products, from knife sets to kitchen cutlery.
Dalstrong uses a secure, convenient payment system that uses encryption to protect the client’s financial information. Moreover, the payments are fast and easy, offering several payment methods to choose from.
4. Must-Have Dalstrong Knives
Utility knives are the perfect middle point between a chef’s knife and a paring knife. Having a utility knife is a must if you are spending a lot of time in the kitchen. And there are several reasons why this utility knife from Dalstrong’s elegant series “Shogun” is a best-seller in their online store:
- Engraved with Dalstrong’s most beautiful exclusive pattern, the “Tsunami Rose”.
- Mirror-polished edge, hand-finished with the Honbazuke 3-step method.
- Super-steel core with extra-carbon levels.
- Incredible sharpness for precise cuts, and long-lasting edge retention.
- Ergonomic handle, engineered for comfort in long cooking sessions.
- While a utility knife is perfect for tasks like trimming broccoli or green beans, it can’t replace a chef’s knife or a paring knife in most cases.
- The Shogun Series is considered a high-end series and the price could be an obstacle for some buyers.
Fillet knives are essential for filleting fish, poultry and even meat without damaging the flesh. And this flexible fillet knife from the well-known Gladiator series will almost feel like an extension of your arm while you’re working on those fish recipes we all love.
- The blade is highly flexible for removing bones and skin with precision and delicacy.
- The military-grade G10 handle is ergonomic and comes with a finger guard for extra safety.
- Made from high-carbon German steel, ultra sharp and highly resistant.
- This model is National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Certified.
- This knife has its own storage system: a Dalstrong sheath and a travel case with a belt loop.
- Flexibility is essential for fillet knives, but that doesn’t mean you’ll get used to it right away. You’ll need some practice.
- Fillet knives are not among the most versatile knife types. They are designed to excel at a specific task.
Knife sets make your life easier. And this set from the Gladiator series brings together an impressive collection of 18 pieces, including a 9" carving/slicing knife, a 9" bread knife, an 8.5" Kiritsuke chef's knife, an 8" chef's knife, a 7" Santoku knife, a 7" Nakiri knife, a 6" boning knife, a 6.5" utility knife, a 6" serrated utility knife, six 5" straight edge steak knives, a 3.5" paring knife, a 2.75" bird's beak knife and a honing steel.
- With 18 pieces, plus a knife block and a honing steel, this set has all your needs covered.
- All knives come in a classic, elegant design.
- The blades are hand-sharpened to 16-18° per side to ensure long-lasting sharpness.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The stunning wooden block is definitely an advantage, not only for its practicality but for its immense beauty.
- The number and variety of knives may be excessive for more casual cooks.
- Again, the price may seem expensive if you’re not actually going to use all the pieces included.
If you tend to cook and serve meat on your table, then you need a good set of steak knives. The pointed tip and the slightly longer blade are great for cutting steaks, roasts, chicken, pork or lamb. And you know, somehow meat tastes better if you cut it in style…
- Incredibly sharp edge, so you can slide easily through any piece of meat.
- The aesthetic design is just jaw-dropping, with its honeycomb finish on the handle and sandblast finish on the blade.
- 7-layer high-carbon, high-chromium steel with additional cobalt and heat treatment.
- Non-stick properties.
- This is a lightweight knife, crafted with agility in mind.
- The blades have micro-serrations, but in some cases you may need bigger serrations (or no serrations at all, depending on the case).
- Serrated knives are trickier to sharpen than straight-edge knives.
Following my previous recommendation, if you’re into meat in general, then you also need a good butcher knife. Butcher knives are specially designed for processing large pieces of meat and bone. This original, all-black model from Dalstrong is more than that, though: it’s a statement.
- The impressive black titanium coating is not only a work of art, but it also helps with corrosion resistance and cleaning.
- The handle has a very unique geometry that will fit comfortably in your hand with a solid grip.
- The knife offers a balance between hardness and flexibility, thanks to an intense heat treatment followed by nitrogen cooling.
- The blade is ultra sharp and is made from a single piece of high-carbon steel.
- This knife may look too dark or aggressive for some people. The evil look is part of the charm, though.
- You should resist the temptation of using this butcher knife for anything other than cutting meat, since this could compromise its effectiveness.
5. Frequently Asked Questions About Knife Stores
What are the best online stores for survival knives?
There are several stores that sell and distribute survival knives from different manufacturers, like BladeHQ, KnifeCenter and REI. The most popular brands include Chris Reeves, Spyderco Knives and Kershaw Knives.
Does Chris Reeves sell folding knives?
Yes, Chris Reeves offers both folding knives and fixed blade knives. The ‘Sebenza’ is probably their most famous folding knife.
Does Spyderco sell fixed blade knives?
Spyderco is famous for their folding knives, but they do offer a few fixed blade knives, like the “Spyderco Moran”.