Shogun Series 7" Santoku Knife
The Shogun Series 7” santoku knife is a ruthless kitchen warrior, ready at your command to unleash all manner of slicing, dicing and mincing mayham. The Japanese word ‘santoku’, roughly translates to meaning ‘three virtues’, indicating the versatility of this style of knife and the type of cuts it excels at (slicing, dicing and mincing). The blade is typically shorter than a chef’s knife with noticeably different blade geometry. This includes a sheep’s foot rounded end and straighter edge, making this blade a push-cut master. The santoku knife is often claimed to be a fusion between a chef’s knife and a vegetable cleaver or nakiri, giving you the benefits of both. ‘Rockhollow’ divots create tiny air pockets to aid in food release and minimize friction. Idea for produce, and boneless meats and fish. Put one in your chef bag today!
Put a lion in your hands! The Shogun Series of knives are blades to build a career on.
Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, the Shogun Series chef is both a razor-sharp kitchen powerhouse and artistic statement in premium design and workmanship.
The Shogun Series blade is precision forged from a single piece of ultra premium Japanese high-carbon AUS10-V steel with 66-alternating layers of SUS410 damacus cladding for stain-resistance and durability. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness.
Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s ‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 8-10 degrees per side.
Beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster is the Dalstrong lionhead logo for further refinement.
The Shogun Series handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort. while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
A premium -quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
- • 7” precision forged blade with an ultra-premium Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’ cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- • 66-layers of high-carbon stainless steel cladding provides exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance.
- • Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12° degree angle using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method.
- • Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance
- • Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
- • Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement
- • Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through.
- • Mirror polished bolster provides a perfectly engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- • Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- • Engineered to perfection with a‘zero-balance’
- • Meticulously constructed ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handle. Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture with military grade strength and life-long durability.
- • Carefully hand polished
- • Ergonomic handle shape for superior hand control, agility and comfort
- • Beautifully crafted copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet for added distinction
- • Triple riveted for even more resilience
- • Full tang for superb robustness & quality
- • Stainless steel end cap (second bolster) adds perfect counter balance, with an additional Dalstrong logo engraved.
- • 7” Shogun Series Santoku Knife
- • PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath
- • Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging
*Please note that due to COVID-19 our shipping times may be delayed a few days. We kindly ask for your patience as we continue to work tirelessly to ensure your Dalstrong experience is epic*
Dalstrong.com offers free two-day ground shipping on all orders within the Contiguous 48 U.S. States.
We ship Standard to Hawaii , Alaska . P.O. Boxes and APO Addresses
We ship items out as soon as possible. Orders placed will be processed the same business day that your payment is authorized and verified. You will receive an e-mail confirming your order shortly after you’ve placed it. Once the order has shipped, you will receive an additional e-mail with shipment notification and tracking information.
Please note that you may be subject to tariffs and duties, and are responsible for any country-specific tariffs and duties, charged by your government to the purchasing party for importing items. Unfortunately, we are not in control of any country-specific tariffs and duties imposed on your order by your respective government. Taxes and duties will likely be charged on the items you order. If taxes and duties are placed on your package by officials, the fees will be your responsibility. We are legally obligated by Border Agencies to show the original price of any of the item(s).
International customers are responsible for return shipping. We recommend shipping with insurance and keeping your shipping receipts until your return is processed. We recommend obtaining a receipt for all shipments and keeping it for your records. If you have any questions or concerns about Return Shipping, please contact our Customer Service department at email@example.com.
Please note, shoppers located outside of the U.S. may be subject to tariffs and duties and are responsible for any country-specific tariffs and duties, charged by your government to the purchasing party for importing items. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to having you as part of the Dalstrong family.