Put a lion in your hands. The Shogun series is what careers are built on. Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, these premium knives are both razor-sharp kitchen powerhouses and an artistic statement: supreme function meets stunning elegance. The Shogun Ulu Knife takes its inspiration from
Put a lion in your hands. The Shogun series is what careers are built on.
Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, these premium knives are both razor-sharp kitchen powerhouses and an artistic statement: supreme function meets stunning elegance. The Shogun Ulu Knife takes its inspiration from the Alaskan blade of the same name — an all-purpose knife traditionally used by Inuit, Yupik, and Aleut women. From skinning, trimming, and cutting large cuts of meat to chopping vegetables, you’ll soon understand why this fascinatingly designed blade was a must-have for life in the arctic.
Precision forged from
a single piece of ultra-premium Japanese high-carbon solid AUS-10V steel, The advanced cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility, and hardness. The resulting super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long-lasting edge retention. Chop and slice for longer with the same level of performance between sharpenings.
Hand-finished with the Honbazuke 3-step method, the beautiful mirror-polished edge is both stunning and precise, sharpened to a staggeringly acute 8-10 degrees per side. For added refinement, the Dalstrong lionhead logo is beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster.
The Shogun series handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, a military-grade, non-porous, fiberglass-like material that possesses incredible strength. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort, stabilized further with an engraved endcap. As a finishing touch, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet. A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
- 6.5″ precision-forged, ultra-premium solid Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’
- 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivalled performance and incredible edge retention
- Exceptional strength, durability, and stain resistance
- Edge hand sharpened to a staggering 8-12° angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method
- Nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness, flexibility, and corrosion resistance
- Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement
- Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for smooth slicing
- Mirror-polished bolster for added balance and comfort
- Meticulously constructed ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handle
- Highly impervious to heat, cold, and moisture for llife-long durability
- Carefully hand polished
- Ergonomic handle shape for superior hand control, agility, and comfort
- Beautifully crafted copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet for added distinction
- Triple riveted for added resilience
- Full tang for superb robustness and quality
- Stainless steel endcap adds perfect counterbalance, with engraved Dalstrong logo
- Shogun Series 6.5" Ulu Knife
- PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging
- Dalstrong Support