Kiritsuke Chef's Knife 9.5" | Phantom Series | Dalstrong ©
The Dalstrong Phantom Series 9.5” chef knife has a kiritsuke shape, with a sword like front end and straighter edge than its shorter 8” brother, allowing it to excel at push cuts. This long blade with stunning geometry is highly versatile and deadly effective. From slicing fish to chopping vegetables, this is a gorgeous addition to any serious chef’s knife bag.
Featuring Japanese AUS-8 steel beautifully engraved with the Dalstrong name down the spine as well as the Japanese kanji for ‘phantom’ or ‘ghost’. Each blade is painstakingly hand sharpened using the traditional honbazuke method, bringing the edge to a razor sharp 13-15 degrees, ensuring swift, effortless cuts. Precision forged from a single piece of ice tempered steel, the blade features a narrower width for improved agility and maneuverability, with a traditional Japanese D-shaped black pakkawood handle designed to tuck perfectly in the palm of your hand. Near the bolster a distinct red spacer and carefully crafted mosaic of copper and brass ensures added elegance and refinement. A hand-polished end cap creates counter balance, ensuring the nimble blade feels more like a ghostly extension of your body, than an ordinary kitchen tool. A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong saya (sheath) is included.
- 9.5” precision forged blade with premium Japanese AUS-8 at 58 HRC
- High levels of chromium (Cr) added to steel for stain resistance
- Partial tang for incredible robustness and quality
- Ice-tempered blade ensures excellent resilience and superior edge retention
- Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 13-15°
- Tapered blade design for durability and flexibility
- Polished spine to facilitate a comfortable pinch grip
- Beautiful hand polished satin finish blade, further refined with detailed engravings
- Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through
- Cleans easily for low maintenance
- Minimal sized mirror polished bolster further perfects the carefully engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- Stainless steel hand-polished end cap adds counter balance and distinction
- Premium quality laminated pakkawood handles imported from Spain, for superior strength, refinement, and beauty.
- Sanitary build perfect for busy kitchens
- Attractive red spacer adds distinction
- Carefully crafted brass and copper ‘phantom spirit’ mosaic adorns the handle
- Traditional Japanese D-shaped handle designed to tuck into the palm of your hand for superior hand control, comfort and agility
- 9.5” Phantom Series Chef Knife
- Dalstrong DragonLock Sheath
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging