Phantom Series 9.5" Yanagiba Slicer - Single Bevel
The Phantom Series yanigaba is a sashimi slicing master. Featuring a long, narrow blade that ensures paper-thin slices of fish (and other meats), this ultra-sharp blade sails through fibres in the flesh without tearing or pulling. The blade is thicker than standard kitchen knives to provide heft, rigidity and push the sliced piece away from the fish or body of meat. The yanigiba is a single-bevel blade used primarily by Asian chefs, however they are increasingly popular in the West and used for boneless proteins such as raw poultry slicing, flank, hanger steak, pork tenderloins and other moist and tender meats. Ensure the cleanest cuts imaginable with this precision instrument.
Carefully designed to convey a look of stealthy motion, like a shadow racing through the dark, or a gust of wind blowing through the night, the Phantom Series of knives are elegant, agile and ruthless culinary instruments of exceptional performance.
Featuring Japanese AUS-8 steel beautifully engraved with the Dalstrong name down the spine as well as the Japanese kanji for ‘phantom’ or ‘ghost’. Each blade is painstakingly hand sharpened using the traditional honzabuke method, bringing the edge to a razor sharp 13-15 degrees, ensuring swift, effortless cuts.
Precision forged from a single piece of ice tempered steel, the blade features a narrower width for improved agility and maneuverability, with a traditional Japanese D-shaped black pakkawood handle designed to tuck perfectly in the palm of your hand. Near the bolster a distinct red spacer and carefully crafted mosaic of copper and brass ensures adds elegance and refinement. A hand-polished end cap creates counter balance, ensuring the nimble blade feels more like a ghostly extension of your body, than an ordinary kitchen tool.
A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong DragonLock saya (sheath) folds shut perfectly over the blade, locking into place. A soft suede like interior protects every square inch.
The Dalstrong Phantom Series are a masterful statement in culinary expertise.
• 9.5” precision forged blade with premium Japanese AUS-8 at 58 HRC
- • High levels of chromium (Cr) added to steel for stain resistance
- • Traditional Japanese single-bevel edge
- • Full tang for incredible robustness and quality
- • Ice-tempered blade ensures excellent resilience and superior edge retention
- • Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 13-15°
- • Tapered blade design for durability and flexibility
- • Polished spine to facilitate a comfortable pinch grip
- • Beautiful hand polished satin finish blade, further refined with detailed engravings
- • Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through.
- • Cleans easily for low maintenance
- • Minimal sized mirror polished bolster further perfects the carefully engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- • Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- • Stainless steel hand-polished end cap adds counter balance and distinction
- • Premium quality laminated pakkawood handles imported from Spain, for superior strength, refinement, and beauty. Sanitary build perfect for busy kitchens
- • Attractive red spacer adds distinction
- • Carefully crafted brass and copper ‘phantom spirit’ mosaic adorns the handle
- • Traditional Japanese D-shaped handle designed to tuck into the palm of your hand for superior hand control, comfort and agility.
- • 9.5” Phantom Series Yanagiba Knife
- • Dalstrong DragonLock Sheath
- • Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging
*Please note that due to COVID-19 our shipping times may be delayed a few days. We kindly ask for your patience as we continue to work tirelessly to ensure your Dalstrong experience is epic*
Dalstrong.com offers free two-day ground shipping on all orders within the Contiguous 48 U.S. States.
We ship Standard to Hawaii , Alaska . P.O. Boxes and APO Addresses
We ship items out as soon as possible. Orders placed will be processed the same business day that your payment is authorized and verified. You will receive an e-mail confirming your order shortly after you’ve placed it. Once the order has shipped, you will receive an additional e-mail with shipment notification and tracking information.
Please note that you may be subject to tariffs and duties, and are responsible for any country-specific tariffs and duties, charged by your government to the purchasing party for importing items. Unfortunately, we are not in control of any country-specific tariffs and duties imposed on your order by your respective government. Taxes and duties will likely be charged on the items you order. If taxes and duties are placed on your package by officials, the fees will be your responsibility. We are legally obligated by Border Agencies to show the original price of any of the item(s).
International customers are responsible for return shipping. We recommend shipping with insurance and keeping your shipping receipts until your return is processed. We recommend obtaining a receipt for all shipments and keeping it for your records. If you have any questions or concerns about Return Shipping, please contact our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, shoppers located outside of the U.S. may be subject to tariffs and duties and are responsible for any country-specific tariffs and duties, charged by your government to the purchasing party for importing items. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to having you as part of the Dalstrong family.