SHOGUN UTILITY KNIFE
A master of versatility, the Dalstrong Shogun Series 6" utility knife is the professional, high-performance solution to a multitude of culinary challenges. Preferred by some chef's as a smaller alternative to the chef's knife, and others as a larger paring knife, the blade is essential where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. The slight curve to the belly also allows for moderate rocking cuts. The word ‘utility’ is defined as “the state of being useful” and that is entirely appropriate for this knife. Another must for every knife collection.
Put a lion in your hands! The Shogun Series of knives are blades to build a career on. Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, the Shogun Series chef is both a razor-sharp kitchen powerhouse and artistic statement in premium design and workmanship.
The Shogun Series blade is precision forged from a single piece of ultra premium Japanese high-carbon AUS-10V Vacuum Heat Treated steel with 67-alternating layers of SUS410 damascus cladding for stain-resistance and durability. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness.
Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s ‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 8-10 degrees per side.
Beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster is the Dalstrong lionhead logo for further refinement.
The Shogun Series handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort. while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
- 6” precision forged blade with an ultra-premium Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’ cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- 67-layers of high-carbon stainless steel cladding provides exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance.
- Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12° degree angle using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method.
- Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance
- Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
- Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement
- Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through.
- Mirror polished bolster provides a perfectly engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- Engineered to perfection with a‘zero-balance’
- Meticulously constructed ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handle. Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture with military grade strength and life-long durability.
- Carefully hand polished
- Ergonomic handle shape for superior hand control, agility and comfort
- Beautifully crafted copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet for added distinction
- Triple riveted for even more resilience
- Full tang for superb robustness & quality
- Stainless steel end cap (second bolster) adds perfect counter balance, with an additional Dalstrong logo engraved.
- 6” Shogun Series Utility Knife
- PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging